INNOVATION CHALLENGE CASE STUDY:
Connected patient challenge
One of the world’s largest medical device companies wanted to support a contest that would encourage digital health innovators to develop solutions for connecting sensors and devices with patients and clinicians. The goals were to:
- Create an innovation challenge for innovators to resent their solutions for improving healthcare through technology
- Develop a turnkey platform for challenge submissions, voting, and expert feedback
- Give back to emerging companies by hosting a panel of industry expert judges to award the most innovative
- Launch a networking event where digital health innovators could meet, discuss, and share ideas with the community
Medstro®, a leading online innovation challenge platform for medicine and healthcare, delivered solutions to help achieve these goals. Medstro® tailored the platform to include:
- Crowd-voting and judge scoring, leveraging the power of communities to drive traffic and source the best companies
- Private messaging to help members, contestants, and judges engage—enhancing the sense of community
- Automated email campaigns and tailored dashboards for judges
- Community and judge commenting capabilities, enabling contestants to ask questions to experienced digital health executives and get invaluable expert feedback
- A live networking event and pitch-off through MJH Life Sciences™ and its Live Events team, capping the contest. The six online finalists were invited to present their ideas to peers and a panel of expert judges
The challenge ran for 4 months, receiving 200,000+ views, yielding 44 submissions from around the world. Engagement in the digital health community was impressive, with 3,764 people voting on one submission and 212 posting feedback or comments to submitters.
The live event was a major success, earning coverage from major national media outlets. Social media was abuzz, with 2,500+ Tweets generated through the intense online engagement beforehand. The 22 live event tickets sold out in just 21 days, generating a waitlist of >100 people.
INNOVATION AND CHALLENGES
The Medstro® Online Challenge platform enables the crowdsourcing of innovative ideas either internally or publicly with an open call for submissions to a global audience. Our platform seamlessly manages submissions, judging, feedback and crowd-voting seamlessly. The Medstro® platform is used by some of the most respected medical companies, hospital systems and associations in the world.
Recent Case Studies
Case Study CASE STUDY SERIES:Enhancing stakeholder engagement through collaborationOPPORTUNITY One of the largest physician medical associations was seeking a way to provide resources to members who showed interest and those working in the healthcare innovation space....